Here are a few useful contacts for local new mum support in Bromley and beyond.
If you’re having a few difficulties, there are lots of options for support…
- phone helplines such as the National Breastfeeding Helpline – I was sceptical about these but having used them I was pleasantly surprised at how helpful and useful they were
- local breastfeeding support groups including breastfeeding cafes and drop in sessions
- useful websites including Kellymom along with Jack Newman videos / articles.
If you’re having more major breastfeeding issues…
- you might want to consider an IBCLC lactation consultant, either privately or ask to be referred – I’ve seen several and they were truly amazing
- Katherine Fisher is based locally in Addiscombe (she’s also a tongue tie specialist)
- Imogen Unger does home visits.
- Post partum doulas can pop round for a few hours to help you with baby or anything else!
- Find a local one on the doula.org.uk.
- Night nannies offer support usually working from 9pm until 7am the next morning. If you’re formula feeding they can look after baby all night if you wish, or if you’re breastfeeding they can support with winding / changing and settling baby
- Sally Luboff who runs the SE London branch of Night Nannies is lovely and has very high standards for her night nannies.