What will you ACTUALLY learn on a Hello Little One hypnobirthing course?
I call what I do hypnobirthing but it’s SO much more than a typical hypnobirthing course! My full course is full birth preparation. My full group courses run over 2 sessions and my full private courses run over either 2 or 3 sessions with the same content.
Hello Little One full hypnobirthing course – session 1
1) The psychology of birth
- This includes understanding your primitive ‘birthing brain’ and how it works, learning about the core logic behind hypnobirthing, and how to get into a calm and positive mindset for labour.
2) The physiology of birth
- What’s happening in your body and how you can work with it (rather than against it).
- This includes things like the muscles of the uterus and birth hormones.
3) Relaxation techniques
- This includes mindset techniques, 4 breathing techniques and 2 massage techniques.
- You’ll see how they’re all underpinned by the psychology and physiology of birth.
4) Where to give birth
- An overview of the main birth settings
- A delve into the birthplace research to help you decide where to birth your baby
- How to make the perfect birth environment from a birth psychology and physiology perspective, wherever you choose to birth your baby.
Hello Little One – full hypnobirthing course session 2
- Includes an overview of how the maternity system works, your rights and a framework for making informed decisions with confidence
2) What ifs (scenario planning)
- An evidence-based view on some of the most common ‘what ifs’ so you can understand your options for your plan B and C and feel calm, positive and in control HOWEVER you birth your baby.
- Scenarios we cover are:
- What if I go ‘overdue’?
- What if my waters break before labour starts?
- How to have a positive induced birth using hypnobirthing techniques
- How to use hypnobirthing techniques alongside medical pain relief
- How to have a positive caesarean birth
3) The big day!
- What to expect when labour starts and what to do on a practical level
- When to go to hospital / the birth centre / call the midwife for home births
4) Birth partners
- My course is as much for your birth partner as it is for you!
- A clear role and checklist for your birth partner so that they can support you brilliantly throughout (they have such an important role to play!)
5) Guided relaxation
- We end this session with a guided relaxation and fear release to help you into a positive mindset about birth so you can look forward to meeting your little one!
Get in touch for a free, no pressure initial chat
I’m always happy to have a chat (or an initial consultation if you’re feeling business-like) about hypnobirthing, how it can help and whether it would be right for you…. and even if you’re not sure what to ask me!